The Waddick Family began in the fuel business in 1946 when Mickey Waddick started driving a fuel truck. In 1950 Mickey became a partner with a gentleman by the name of Mike Mifflin. In 1956 Mickey formed Kent Petroleum Ltd which is still our corporate name today. In 1971 Mickey’s oldest son Tom Waddick bought out a small Supertest fuel dealer and joined forces with his father.
In 1979 Mickey’s youngest son Mark Waddick joined the business and started driving a fuel truck. In February of 1982 Mark bought out his father’s shares and began a Partnership with his brother Tom. The business grew tremendously under the guidance of Tom and Mark and in 1995 Kent Petroleum moved into Essex County with the Purchase of Bob Simpson Ltd.
In 1996 we began operating as Waddick Fuels since the business no longer serviced only Kent County. In that same year Tom’s son Jaymie Waddick began working for the company in various roles. In the year 2000 Waddick Fuels moved east and northward as they purchased the business of Bob Johnson Ltd. The new locations included offices in Bothwell, Petrolia and Glencoe. Family is important to our business and in 2004 Mark’s son Ian Waddick joined Waddick Fuels.
In 2005 Tom retired and Jaymie forged a new partnership with Mark and the two continue to run the family business today.